Someone asked me if it has to be all or nothing with Clean Eating. At the beginning, it was ALL! I totally committed to this new way of eating. To be honest, my motives weren’t entirely pure. Sure I was interested in cutting out fake food, fake sweeteners, fake fats, but my main goal was weight loss. I wanted to LOSE WEIGHT!!! I put my total faith and trust in that first meal plan and didn’t deviate from it once. I was committed. I did not eat one thing that wasn’t “Sarah” approved 🙂
I think there were many factors that helped me stay on my plan.
1. The food was great! My cravings started to disappear. I was always full and never hungry.
2. I got a lot of support from my husband, my kids, the ladies at my gym, and from Sarah.
3. I had a “finish line”. I committed to stay totally true to my plan until my 40th birthday in April. (I started again right after my birthday)
4. Results came quickly. I could feel and see my shape changing. I could see my performance at the workouts getting better and better. I was getting stronger and stronger!
5. Eating great, high quality food gave me so much energy. Not drinking and therefore not being hungover felt awesome! I could workout harder! I became addicted to that feeling.
That was my experience. If you don’t feel like you have the discipline right now to go totally clean- start slow. Try swapping out a few of your regular meals for some cleaner options. A few changes could make a huge difference.
Now- maybe you are not like me and you can’t eat one kale salad everyday for four months! Here are two other salads I’ve found on Pinterest that have become part of the Kale Salad rotation.
This first one is a Mexican Kale Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette. It’s really great with leftover steak cut up in it.
The recipe can be found at: http://hellolittlehome.com/mexican-kale-salad-with-chili-lime-vinaigrette/ Its a great Kale Salad with black beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. Super colourful and yummy!
The second salad is my new favourite. It’s a Kale, Wild Rice and Pomegranate Salad with Walnuts and Feta Cheese. This salad is half kale and half wild rice. Have you tried wild rice before? It’s amazing!
I got my wild rice at Bulk Barn. Did you know that wild rice is not actually rice? It’s a type of grass. It also has more protein than quinoa and it is super high in fibre too- keeping you full longer.
For this recipe, you need to cook your rice first.
1 C wild rice
4 C water
Bring wild rice and water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 35-40minutes.
It will look like this when it’s cooked. Wild rice makes a great side dish too.
The recipe for the salad can be found at http://pinchofyum.com/pomegranate-kale-wild-rice-salad-with-walnuts-feta
Choose happy 🙂