We have a winner!!!! Congratulations to:
About a month ago, my sister signed up for a program called Influenster (https://www.influenster.com).
The company sends out free products so you can try them out then share your opinions with your friends on social media. My sister and her kids got to test a board game and they had tons of fun doing it. I decided to sign up- I love hearing about new products from friends so I thought I’d try it out. I filled out the survey and then to my surprise I received an email a few days later telling me that I had been selected to try out some Keurig products. I was expecting to receive some new k-cups to try- instead I received this:
It’s the new generation of Keurig that gives you the option to brew into a carafe. It also brews normal K-cups too. Seems to be the best if both worlds- single brew with the option to brew a pot of coffee.
I love coffee and I love my Keurig but I’m not totally in love with this Keurig 2.0.
Things I like about this brewer:
1. I like the look of the machine. It’s really attractive looking.
2. I like the flexibility of brewing more than one cup at a time.
Things I’m not crazy about:
1. The carafe is plastic and seems to have absolutely no insulation so does not keep coffee hot.
2. My free Keurig 2.0 is the base model so it doesn’t have a clock (so you can’t set a timer), it doesn’t brew bigger than a 10 ounce cup and it doesn’t have an on/off switch (it automatically turns off after an hour of no use)- maybe if it was the K-560 that is being sold at Costco, I’d be happier. I’m such a Keurig snob! Lol!
3. You can’t use non-Keurig brand K-cups in the brewer (including the My K-cup dispenser where you can add your own coffee). Kind of a bummer 😦
I think I’m going to stick with my old Keurig Platinum. I like the Keurig 2.0 but I just like my old brewer better 🙂
What goes great with coffee? Pecan Pie! Pecan pie is my husband’s favourite pie!!!! I love it to but it’s corn syrupy goodness isn’t exactly Clean Eating! When I found this recipe for a clean version of the pie, I had to try it!
Clean Eating Pecan Pie ingredients:
For the crust:
3 1/3 cups dried, shredded coconut
5 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the filling:
3.5 oz organic dark chocolate bar, broken to pieces
5 tbsp butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (you can find this at Bulk Barn)
1 cup dried, unsweetened, shredded coconut
7oz bag, raw sliced pecans
You can find the complete directions at http://www.myhumblekitchen.com/2013/11/german-chocolate-pecan-pie-coconut-crust-gluten-free-recipe/
Here is picture of the pie before it was baked. As you can see the crust is made out of coconut. I’m still not sure if I’m crazy about the crust (next time I’m going to try the crust from the Coconut Cream Pie I made here:https://ichoosehappyblog.com/2014/07/20/clean-pie-queen/). I found the coconut a little overpowering, but if you love coconut- it’s great!
As you can see my husband was pretty excited! My kids were excited about the Coconut Whipped Cream I found at my local grocery store (I live in a tiny town so if my grocery store has it then so does yours!). I try to avoid dairy as much as possible so we don’t eat whipped cream anymore. I have made Coconut Whipped Cream from homemade several times but there is something super fun about whipped cream from a can!
Choose happy (even in this crazy busy time before Christmas!) 🙂
**I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.**